Have you ever been involved with girl scouts?

Have they always had so many rules and regulations? I won't be a leader because of all the litigious rules. Sucks. Anyway, I don't remember all these rules from when I was in. Do you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ohh me me. I was one for 15 years. Rules, they have gotten anal. When I was a senior we became an explorer troop so we could do more things. I can't wait until next year and my oldest is old enough Daisy. Although I am not sure I am ready for being a leader. I was a co-leader for a year in collage and it was a lot more work then I thought it would be. But I want my girls to have all of those wonderful experiences that I had growing up, so I have a feeling that I am going to be. Plus my mom was one for us and she will be a great resource for me. If you can't be a leader I know your leader would like a co-leader or a cookie chair, or a reliable adult to help out, or a first aider. THere is always a way to help out and have fun with GS, cheesy but true. Have fun with your girl. Good memories.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My daughter quit girl scouts when they told her she couldn't wear her blouse unless she had uniform pants or skirt. Like I could afford that at the time. Pretty sad!
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• When I was in 2nd grade (many years ago) they collected $20 from my Mom for fees. The woman that was going to be the troop leader backed out and the Girl Scouts of America wouldn't refund my mom her money. We were very broke that year and that $20 was my extracurricular fund for the season. My Mom is still mad about that and won't even buy Girl Scout cookies because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009