Home daycares vs. Church/Daycare Centers.

My 6 mos. old is currently at a church daycare center. She is in the all-infant room and there is a ratio of 1:4. The problem is, she can't sleep there. The staff are great (although the woman she really loved got moved to the toddler room) and it seems like a nice place, but sleeping is an issue. Would a home daycare be better? There was one we looked into with a 1:5 ratio, but the other kids are 1-2 yo. Is it good or bad for them to be around different ages?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I prefer home daycares.
    I used to work at a daycare center and brought my daughter to a home daycare.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 2:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I prefer home daycare for infants, in my state you can only have 2 infants in a home daycare which makes it more likely that the infant will receive the attention and stimulation they need. when you have infants in home daycare there are limits on how many children you can have at various ages in the home. the provider wont be pulling their hair out and babies bond better with their provider because she will never move to another room or get fired unless you let her go. I have done in home daycare for a year now so i could be with my children and i have been watching a little girl since she was 3 months old she is now 14 months old and we have bonded, her parents love that she has bonded with me they feel better about leaving her here and she gets excited when she sees me, she is a part of my family and i think that is the best thing for a baby. My kids went to in home care as infants when i was working.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My dd goes to a home daycare and she loves it. I have worked at a daycare and the home daycare we use now is much more attentive and one on one.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009