Why do adult women in the work-place tend to pair up? If there are 3 women that work together and 2 always go off to lunch, isn't that rude??

Stepmom-28

Asked by Stepmom-28 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Three is a crowd.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• They should at least invite the third lady. Since there are just three, it is kind of pointed that they are leaving her out. They probably are good buddies and like to chat together, and maybe the third lady drags them down somehow. But even so, it seems hurtful. But then again, it is their personal time, not company time, and so it isn't a matter of being professional at all. Just nice. I wonder if the third lady could say something about hey! Where are you two going? Mind if I join you? Maybe they haven't thought of inviting her and need a push. If they turn her down, then she is probably better off without such rude lunch mates.

Answer by Bmat at 2:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i dont think its rude
    maybe they always do that or maybe they want a break from the 3rd lady, who knows

You can ask to tag along if this is your situation and you want to go with them.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• ask if you can go along next time...never hurts to ask..
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It happens here at my work ALL the time. I am the oddball here at my work. No body care to have any kind of "friendship" with me. But, ya know what? That's EXACTLY how i want it. I would MUCH rather keep to myself & not be bothered. All those other ladies always end up getting involved in some kind of un-neccessary work related drama. But, not me! I'm more than happy being left alone! I have wonderful friends in my life. I definitely don't need to be accepted by the women in my work place. They can all go to lunch every day for all i care. I'm very happy that i get left alone.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Also, you have to understand;

Some people just click well. You can't expect everyone to click w/ you. Maybe those ladies flow well together, & feel like enjoying being together as friends.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I work in an office FULL of women and I always end up at lunch with one certain coworker who has become a good friend. But we all still get along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Where i work we are only aloud to take our lunch breaks in pairs so that there is always at least one nurse on the floor. and i always take my lunch with the same girl.. so to answer your question i go with another girl because i have no choice.. i would love if all my work friends could all group up and take lunch together. but thats just the way it is.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am right there with you honey. I have that issue too. I dont get it. They sure are your friend, when they need YOUR help.
    moi-momma

Answer by moi-momma at 8:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009