How many times a week do you wash laundry?

How many times a week do you wash laundry? I hate washing laundry and I used to wash at least once a week, but that usually leaves me with a ton of cloths to wash for 4 people. My mom tells me that I need to wash every day, but who has the time or actually wants to wash cloths everyday. So just wondering what other moms do for a family!

Jill
Work at home mom of 2

freeathome

Asked by freeathome at 3:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• once a week, this may change because after the baby is born i should be going back to work so there will be a quicker turnover....we wash when our hamper fills up, so if it fills up in a week and a half thats when we wash...never sooner lol i hate doing laundry
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I do laundry twice per week- Thursdays and Sundays. Most of the laundry belongs to my toddler!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I do at least a load everyday. usually more but at least 1 a day everyone has their own basket (colored coded) and they take their basket up when full. They take care of their clothes themselves ( I still help the youngest one a bit) but for the most part everyone puts away their own laundry

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I try to do it everyday but in reality every other day works just fine and i have fuller loads. I start a load when i wake up and then toss it in the dryer a little bit later when i pass the laundry room. I found once i made it something i did or checked on everytime i pass the laundry room it got easier to keep up on.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Everyday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Every three days, plus the bedding on Saturday. So I'd say four loads a week. My washer and dryer are just off of my kitchen, so it is very convenient.

Answer by Bmat at 3:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Not as often as I should probably LOL... I usually end up doing a load every other day otherwise I will let it go to the point where I have no clothes to wear and then it takes me ALL day to get my laundry taken care of.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• every other day i do atleast 2 loads of laundry
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I try to keep up with one or two loads a day so that it doesnt get too big for one day and then I have to just spend the entire day in there.

We have a family of 4 and my hubby wears two different work outfits in one day. blahhh.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I used to do it on weekends only but that didnt work out because i had no time for my family (i have 4 children and my husband) but then i started doing one to two loads a day, it got hard at first because i have to manage school and the house, but after a while it just got into my routine.
    sweetkaren

Answer by sweetkaren at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009