What kind of favors should I give out at my baby shower?

MommyToBe1023

Asked by MommyToBe1023 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• idk i never gave out favors @ either of mine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You shouldn't, the hostess should do that. I've never received a favor from a baby shower.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 3:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I've never received or given party favors at a baby shower. I have given and received hostess gifts. If you have a lot of hostesses you can give small things like candles, or if you only have one or two you can give them spa/manicure gift certificates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My MIL bought small picture frames and put my son's full name and a really nice baby boy poem with the meaning of his name at the bottom. It was really nice because it's something that can be reused. Her daughter just had a shower and she (MIL) bought flower pots with seeds and it had a meaning about a new baby and new life. Give something that people can use or else you just waste your money.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• At the card or party shop there are all kinds of little favors that you can give out. I had matching plates, cups, napkins, shower record book, and favors. The favors were tiny boxes that when you folded them up they looked like a little stroller, and I also bought tiny rattles that actually rattled (about the size of a nickel) and attached one to each box. Inside the box I put an assortment of candy.

Answer by Bmat at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Umm....I've never heard of party favors at a baby shower.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• the hostess (my sister) brought everything and gave out candles picture frames, gift cards and things like that
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 3:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• the hostesses of my shower had teeny vases filled with pink & yellow flowers that everyone could take home. it was very pretty :)
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I went to a shower where the hostess gave out small pink and blue Yankee candles. It was very cute, but unnecessary. Are you giving yourself a shower?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009