Puppy's fur changing colors?

I rescued a dachshund poodle mix that had the coloring of the black dachshunds with brown snouts and feet etc. Her hair has grown longer, and now the tips of her hair are black and the hair growing out is gray & white (the brown is still brown though for now)! Has anyone ever heard of a puppy's fur changing colors? We are taking good care of her, I don't think she's stressing and grown gray hair or anything like that lol! I wish I could upload pics to add to my question!

K-ki

Asked by K-ki at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pets

• It happens. My yorkie mix was black and tan when he was little and now he is grey and tan. I also had a hound that was mostly black and a little tan-the older she got the more brown replaced the black.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• When I got my Malamute as a pup she was a ball of blonde fur. As she grew older, the black grew in and now she is a mix of both colors
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• This is very common.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 10:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009