Is it normal for his mouth the bleed this much?

My 14 month old twin always hits his mouth. It doesnt matter how hard he hits it, it seems to gush blood right after. It stops bleeding but it happens almost everyday. Today he hit it on the ottoman to the couch and it immediately started to bleed. He now has bruises on his gums (upper and lower). My other twin hits his face and mouth alot too but he never bleeds. My oldest never did either. I am waiting on the nurse to call back.. but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was normal?

squidlife4me

Asked by squidlife4me at 3:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol yes mouth wounds bled a LOT! jsut because your others didnt bleed dosent mean this one is abnormal.. he is just hitting it just right to start the blood gushing!

both my boys were tough and always hit their mouths.. they would bleed bad then in a few mins stop..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• a small tea spoon of sugar will stop the bleeding asap!!! works like a charm on my little guy who bleeds very easily
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2009