What horrible things have you heard an adult tell a child?

I heard a little girl tell her grandpa a little boy called her fat. The grandpa said well, we are working on that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• i heard a mother yell to her little boy that he was a pain in the a$$ made me so sad for him :o(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I was at Target a few months ago and heard a man (who was white, whose son was white) call his son the dreaded 'N' word. I could hardly believe my ears. I wish I'd have given him a piece of my mind..or fist..but it was just me and my daughter and I am extremely non-confrontational.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 3:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I heard this ghetto woman that used to live by me call her daughter a little mother******* because she didn't get her the phone from inside the house. Her fat, lazy a** (she was about 300 lbs) couldn't get up and get it herself. GRRR! It made me so mad. My niece is best friends with the little girl and she is as sweet as can be. I can't stand her mom though.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I heard a mom tell her preschooler that the reaon he got hurt was because it was god's punishment for him being bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My nephew is almost 2 and he doesn't talk yet. My sister is a miserable person who always looks on the dark side of things, a real "glass half empty" type of person.

While they were visiting, I made him a pb&j sandwich that he barely ate(which is fine, that's what toddlers do) and she says to him " Say sorry to aunty for wasting her food...oh that's right, you don't talk."

I thought it was not only harsh to talk down to a toddler but her own son no less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My SIL tells her kids Shut the F*ck up - and Lazy ass*s, My Sister tells her daughter that kids are such terds and kids suck.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Anon:38 - I'd tell my sister, if I were you, to quit being so damn hateful! Of course, I don't have a problem just saying whatever I think to my sisters.

I can't think of anything that I've ever heard someone say but I'm sure I have.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I was in the drs office getting ready to leave once and this little boy was playing around and he tripped and fell. He was just bored while he was waiting and his mother or grandmother said to him, " thats what you get, stupid" and I about choked. I have never heard another parent call their child or any child, stupid. Talk about killing his self esteem. Made me sick.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• MIL has been heard to say to her daughters that they are horrible and stupid bitches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• when my niece was 2 my SIL brought out her ultra sound picture and told her "I liked you better when you were like this!" My niece came running straight into my arms and sobbed while she hung onto me for dear life. I told her "no, we loved you ALL the time" I'm sure many would say I had no right being the aunt, but what would you do? tell her 'get away from me, I'm not your mother?' who wouldn't want to comfort her? I said nothing bad about mommy. I just held her and told her how much we all loved her and that she was very special to us.
    This same woman told her daughter as we were leaving to pick up stuff at the store that we were going away because we were sick of her! (my young niece) I just told her that we were going to the store and we'd be back in just a little while. Then we'd play games and all that.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's a bad woman, I'll just never agree with everything she does&I love my niece.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009