Ok, I could mop my floor twice a day and I would still get tiny bits of trash stuck to my feet. Am I the only one....how am I sweeping wrong?

It drives me insane, I like to go barefoot and I HATE things sticking to my feet, so I sweep a lot, and it is ALWAYS dirty!!!

What am I doing wrong!!!!!?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I dont know we have the same problem i sweep probably 6-8 times a day, my husband asks why i sweep all day lol i like to go barefoot also I cannot figure out how to make it stop. The only thing i can think of is that my kitchen is a very busy place with the 3 kids and hubby not to mention cats running through it to get to the stairs for the family room so i just keep sweeping lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We have the same problem.. I will sweep numerous times a day and mop atleast once but it seems no matter what my floor seems dirty ALL of the time.. People who come to my house probably think I never clean.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• try vacuuming maybe?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sweeping would only get bigger stuff. Mopping might even not be fine enough. I use those Swiffer Mops and they have a thick pad that catches everything, but not very environmentally sound since you throw them out. The cleanest my floor gets is when I wash it on hands and knees using a cloth and water with cleaner in a basin. The cloth will pick up even fine stuff. I know what you mean about not wanting to step on particles.

Answer by Bmat at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had another thought, my floor stays cleaner because I make the family remove shoes at the door. They don't track in dirt from the outside.

Answer by Bmat at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I use a bissel vaccuum made for hard floors and laminate.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Do you mop it once a week?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• anon 52. : she just said TWICE a DAY ding dong. WAKE UP.

vaccumm hun, thats works the best for me. I never use a broom anymore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I agree with Bmat....I sweep all the big stuff first, then use a Swiffer Wet Jet to get the dirt and fine particles--the pads really do pick up everything--sometimes the pads are dirtier than I would have imagined, but at least the floor is clean!!

I too prefer to go barefoot, and my boys are little dirt monsters--between the sandbox and mud, and their going inside and outside to play all day there is no end! I can't wait for school to start (tomorrow), I may actually be able to keep my house clean for more than an hour! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Particles are going to get on the floor. Even when I didn't have kids I had that problem. Particles blow around the house, and land on your nice clean floor. I wear a specific pair of flip flops around the house, which keeps me from having to feel the little particles. I sweep pretty thoroughly, but somehow, no matter how much I clean, I can't seem to get EVERYTHING. Ya know? I have a crawler, so I am constantly trying to keep the floors clean for his sake, but I can only do so much.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009