SCARED! (t.m.i)

I've had this huge knot between my legs, like where my leg creases & it has been hurting for about a week & a half.
Today in the shower I thought to myself "yay! It hasn't hurt today" I get out & it has GROSS looking puss coming out of it! Soooo, of course being myself I have to take a look. I get on the sink, & squeeze it, puss SHOOTS out & hits the mirror!
So, I call my dr. & its staph :( & I'm six months pregnant!!
Scared crapless right now!

Give me some info on staph ladies! Thanks :)

brookethomas

Asked by brookethomas at 3:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• an infection, what did else did the doctor say
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• calm down im sure its fine.. and puss coming out is a good sign it means its healing!! just keep it clean and try to get air to it.
    Anonymous

• are they sure its staph? u do know they have to test ur blood for that???..... it might just be from sweat or ur legs rubbin together wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't think that you should freak about it being staph until the doctor has actually seen you. It may be a boil. If it is big and right in between your thighs it probably is. Make an appointment but until then just relax. I'm sure you're fine. Good luck!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sounds like a swollen node to me, but I'm no doctor.

I'm also curious how your doctor could diagnose you w/o seeing you.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I got pimples like that when I was pregnant and living in Florida. It was always somewhere in a "fold" where I sweat a lot due to the heat.

I don't think you can diagnose staph over the phone.

And since you are on the net, how about you Google "staph".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• How would the doc possibly know its staph this soon if it just happened today?? Staph tests take AT LEAST 24 hours to come back (and FYI anon :31, its not a blood test, its a culture of the puss)

So I wouldnt be freaking out just yet, not until your doc see's you and the culture comes back. And I cant imagine that he would put you on the strong anti-biotic without knowing which strand of staph it is! I dont know how many different strands there are but my kids (between them) have had 3 different kinds... each treated with a different med. The culture would tell you which medication the strand is resistant against
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I did go to the dr & he got puss & did test it. He said it has the "color & texture" of staph.
    brookethomas

Answer by brookethomas at 4:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i had that one time! it was a cyst and it hurt like hell, but all the gross stuff coming out is a good thing! just keep it clean and you'll be fine.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Staph is not as bad as everyone thinks. There are bad bad staphs. Then, there is staph that lives on our bodies daily. I am not saying take it like nothing is wrong, but it is not like you have MRSA that killing staph.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 4:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009