how can i make money while being a stay at home mom

scbeach

Asked by scbeach at 3:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hey Mama! Are you looking for an at home Job or a home based business? I have a home based business with AmeriPlan. We offer daily pay, health benefits for your entire household, 401k options and so much more. There is no selling, no product, no cold calling and no collecting payments. We offer 1 on 1 training, training websites, team meetings, conference calls and unlimited support. If you would like more information please PM me or visit my page here on CafeMom!

Jessica Callahan

www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/JCallahan
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 3:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Join the MOM TEAM!

www.internetceomoms.com/nycia
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just started my own website that's making good money. It's free and easy and it's helping me pay some bills. Check it out. Good luck

http://www.myfreewebsite.com/?a=2havefun
    2playful

Answer by 2playful at 4:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• try selling some things on ebay...or a consignment store...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Have you looked into Direct Sales? I am with Scentsy and it has been such a blessing for me!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I work with a great company who's number one concern is helping families reach their goals. What type of income are you interested in?
    Gailean

Answer by Gailean at 4:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I make money with Tupperware. my2.tupperware.com/amyroca I love working with stay at home moms and infact I am one because of my extra income from Tupperware. Check out my site and let me know what questions you have. I'm here to help. let me know what you think.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 5:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• you can read all these answers that are just trying to recruit you so that they can get paid. then you end up with no job and being forced to be on the computer all day doing the same to others.

i was and are in the same boat as you. i listed an ad on craigslist offering babysitting and one for cleaning offices/houses. it wasn't too promising at first, however i now have a girl a baby sit for steadily and 3 houses that i clean every week. together i get 500 a month from that. then i also had an extra storage room that i rent out to a band for a couple hundred a month.

after looking for weeks, i was able to find a job with a local company that allows telecommuting. it doesn't pay that much, but when you subtract out the cost of day care, i'm doing pretty well.

i would suggest looking around your home, sell what you don't need, offer services for what you are good at...you'll never know until you try.
    that_one_chick

Answer by that_one_chick at 6:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009