Help with healthy meals!

My hubby is in the military and has a physical fitness assessment coming up. He just informed me that he needs to drop some weight.

I already had our meal plan made up and was ready to head to the grocery store, but I planned casseroles, lasagna, burgers, etc. Now I'm trying to rework the menu, but I've always been underweight, so I have no idea about tasty healthy meals!

My hubby HATES cooked veggies, onions, mushrooms, rice, and beans. I'm already planning to make grilled chicken salad, grilled pork chops and baked chicken, but I have no idea what else. I also don't have any great ideas for side dishes (we normally do lipton noodles, mashed potatoes, etc.) I'm thinking we'll do baked potatoes a couple of times, and then I always serve fresh veggies (peppers, cucumber, carrots) because he'll eat those.

Any help? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/home.aspx

There's some low carb, healthy recipes here. anything from steak to fish(fish is good if he wants to lose weight...not breaded though, baked). I wish i could offer more ideas for ya, but maybe this site will help you out.

Oh, here's one more...south beach diet recipes....

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/recipecollection.html
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The Biggest Loser "FAMILY" Cook Book has a tone of tastety healthy recipes. Nachos, burgers, you name it. If you want you can pm me and I will send you some so you dont have to buy the book.

I also suggest that you sub white potato for sweet potatoes, lots of water, more fruits, and try sauted veggies.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009