question about vaccine

my daughter just got vaccinated last week for the first time and the doctor wants to see her again in four weeks and she might get more shots. i wanted to know is it okay to get vaccinated every month?

she had 6 shots given to her and he wants to give her every month so she will catch up to the shots since she didn't get vaccinated up until 21 months. she's turning 2 in november and it only requires to only have one shot when ur two right?

i know kids get their shot at certain age but not every month

emilia27

Asked by emilia27 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They don't get them every month but since she was behind then it's important that she get caught up. I'm pretty sure shots are normally 2mo, 6mo, 9mo, 1yr, and 2yr. It's not going to cause her harm except for being sore and irritable. Tylenol/motrin will help that.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Mine got their last ones at 18 months until right before kindergarten. NO, they didn't get them every month, the closest was once every two months, the longest space was three months.

I think mine got them at 2, 4, 6, 1 year and 18 months (then at 5 before kindergarten).

If you don't trust your doctor, you need to find a new one. If you think your doctor would suggest she get shots too close together and would do her harm, then you need to find a new doctor. I could never take my kids to a doctor if I didn't trust him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Hmmm... Mine got them at 3-6 month intervals...I would do some research or call around to other peds if I were you. Even if they were' catching up' I wouldn't be comfortable with once a month shots...Like I said though, I just don't know. I really recommend you research it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• mine got theirs at 2 4 6 9 12 15 he didnt get any at 18 months I dont think he gets anymore for a while
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• thank u guys so much for answering my question. i will have to do more research on it and talk to the doctor again. :)
    emilia27

Answer by emilia27 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009