How many of you have a 72 to 96 Hour Emergency Preparedness Kit?

We live in a tumultuous time and anything can happen...natural disasters, martial law etc...Are you ready in case you can't receive basic services for several days? Water, food, fuel, clothing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We have 72 hour kits for everyone in our family. They are ready to go in a moment's notice and we rotate the things in them out every 6 months.

As far as other preparedness measures, we have 6 months worth of food, toiletries, diapers, household products and anything else we could possibly need. Our goal is a 1 year supply. We keep a proper rotation so that there is no waste, and we eat what we store and store what we eat. If something major were to happen, we could probably make what we have stretch for 8-9 months if necessary. We also have a generator that can power our freezer and the refrigerator/freezer, and a space heater (in winter). We have a binder of emergenc protocols should something happen. It also has general first aid information, recipes using even the most basic foods in our storage (wheat, rice, etc) and even a list and picture of the edible plants in the area. It has everything we could ever need
    ReesesPieces

Answer by ReesesPieces at 11:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Of course, don't YOU?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have a hurricane box and water and batteries and such. Does that count?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Getting one together. Its supposed to be a rough winter. Want food and water for a week. We rent so with our luck our pipes would burst! LoL
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 3:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Anon - NOW I do...you'd be surprised how may people it never occurred to them...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I need to do that. Great reminder. We got hit with Hurricane Ike last year,and it's almost that time,again. It was awful last year.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yes but I have to check the batteries in there/..thanks for the reminder
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yep I have one prepared, can't ever be too ready. Doesn't help that I was a huge fan of the CBS show Jericho-that really got the ball rolling.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 4:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, we do. and every 6 months, I donate what I have and buy everything new. also, we have huge generator that will run everything in our house. it goes on automatically when the power goes out. I have that serviced every year.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, I have supplies for much longer though. We keep our 5th wheel ready to "hook and go" as well.

Our family had a binder of "protocols" that my hubby and I put together. It covers every conceivable scenario.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009