she won't even babysit anymore!

my 2 1/2 yr old son has been getting worse with his tantrums and not listening. my mom babysits him when im working and he will NOT listen to her. she doesn't even want to watch him anymore. what should i do to fix this??

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to figure out what the tantrums are about. surely there is something that is triggering them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• change his punishment and see if that works....try ignoring the tantrums, spankin if u believe in that, time out in a chair, time out in his room (only 2 mins)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You need to find a new method of discipline. If your mom is watching your son, and he is not listening to her then you as a parent have to establish authority. Talking with your son about behaving is probably going in one ear and out the other. So you have to take action. Sit him in time out, take away toys, or play time, no teddy, or pop his leg/hand with a ruler and use your serious voice. My mom doesnt even play that game with my kids! If she says to do something and they dont listen, thats their butt, and Im the same way. Thus my kids are well behaved when in the company of other ppl. Seriously if you dont "spank" then you may have to.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Once you get your child under control I am willing to bet that your mom would be more than happy to watch him again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Make sure your mother disiplines him the same way you do or he will get mixed signals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009