what are ur views on Gardasil?

I got an immunization schedule from my kids dr and it says at 11 yrs old or entering 6th grade that they give the girl gardasil. I dont trust that shot its too new for me and i dont care for my daughter to have it! Even still i think 11 yrs old is TOO young to get it if i were to give it to her.

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• I haven't gotten it. I refuse to. It is pointless. It only protects against 3 or 4 of the hundreds of strains of HPV and even then it isn't 100% effective. Also, according to research, most women get these strains of HPV in their 20s and 30s and the shot only lasts 5 years so what good is it to a teenager? None. And too many girls are dying from it. So no way was I going to get it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughter who is 17.5 didnt get it and won't until she decides to get it. Scares the crap outta me that shot.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I won't touch it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The problem with the shot is doctors do not tell all the info. There are many many types of HPV. The shot is only good against a very few of them. Therfore, a lot of times it is pointless sadly to say.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don't trust it and my girls aren't getting it.  Nuff said!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We have been researching this for the last year. We will not be getting our (14 year old) daughter this vaccine, unless she chooses to get it.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009