ever felt like this before?

Lately I seem to be having an internal battle with myself. I feel like I am no longer happy in my marriage. I want it to work, I do, we have 3 kids and I really have no desire to be single again or to start over or to pull my family apart. But I don't know how badly I want to be married anymore either! My husband it always cranky, griping, and always so negative. Alway criticizing, never saying anything nice. He works 7 days a week, yet we struggle to make ends meet. He rarely does anything with me and the kids and if he does he thinks we are suppose to help him with this or that (after school and working full time, and the kids are only 7,5, and 3) and never does anything fun with anyone. Although we bust our butts to help him daily, it is never enough, never good enough and this is not the life I signed up for and not the life I want for my kids and I really don't know if it will get better!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• o hunny i know exactly what you are going thru! i went thru the same thing a couple months ago and actually left! let me tell ya... it was HORRIBLE! i hated seeing him so miserable and DD was soooo sad all the time. have you tried relationship counseling? BF and i went to that and it REALLY helped! BF works 7 days a week too and we're struggling still also. you have to realize that he is going to be tired and cranky and give him a break sometimes too.
    trulove031408

Answer by trulove031408 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Wow! Ihave felt like that before. Although my husband is nowhere near acting like that. I just wonder sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• maybe try some couples/family counseling....that may be your last resort to saving your family and your marriage....but he has to be willing to make things meet and work out..if not, it's a lost cause.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• But what do you do when you try talking and all his does in tune you out and you try to help out by working fulltime and the money you make pays the household bills, and if you could work another job you would, but that is not fair to the kids either. They are young and need a mom and I already work full time as well but he never acknowledges that, I know he is working hard, but barely showing anything for all his hard work. Yet suggesting he tries something else seems to fall upon deaf ears! I am so lost and feel so lonely. Yesterday was our anniversary and he knew it yet no mention was even made!!!! Just another day was what he told me last week. Everyday is just another day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I always recommend reading two books that changed my life. The Five Love Languages and Personality Plus! They should be available through your library system. But I bought mine because I refer to them all of the time. They will help you and your DH one way or another. Try it! Give it a chance...and some time. Good luck!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 4:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009