has times changed, or was she really a size 16??

I was told Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 in pants... I'm a size 14 and i dont look that good. Has size 16 changed from then to now???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, yeah, sizes have changed alot... But she wasn't really super thin either... She would be around a 10 or so today... She had curves... Which are beautiful! But I'll tell you what, even when I was "super thin" I was a size 8... And I was thinner than her... It's us curvy women, we are always in sizes we shouldn't be.

I was 5'6" 130lbs and a size 8... far from fat... in those days it would have been a 12...

The real difference is they added Juniors sizes and lowered real people sizes... What a 16 is in todays sizes was a 22 then...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sure has, if she was alive today she would have been considered plus size. Sizes have changed drastically from days past.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 4:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• She looks like maybe a 10 or 12, not a 16. Lucille Ball was an 11...man I miss those days.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sizes have changed over the years, but not only that, designers will alter what a certain size looks like in their designs. Like if an article of clothing is really an 18 but is marked 16, then a woman would be more likely to buy it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• She's Gorgeous
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 4:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Here's what I found when I googled it:

"The legendary blonde bombshell was claimed to be 37-23-36 by her studio, and 36-22-35 by her dressmaker though it is likely that her real measurements were more like 36-25-37. The fifties loved to enlarge the bust and trim the waist and hips whenever possible. Gorgeous hourglass figure, in any case."

At the time that might indeed have been a size 16. Clothing sizes are not "fixed." If you've ever hauled a half dozen pairs of jeans from different brands into a dressing room you know what I mean!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It's hard to tell w/o seeing her next to someone else. Size alone doesn't mean big or bigger. It's about how your body is proporationed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sizes have changed. She would be a smaller size now.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 4:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• wow, ok. lol i figured in our time, she would probably be a 10. or a 9.... i knew it was to good to be true lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You know funny thing... I didn't even have to open the question to know who you were talking about!! Marilyn Monroe has been my role modle all my life. Beautiful woman ~ inside and out!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009