Any StepMoms out there?

Hi there! I am new to the whole step parenting thing and quite frankly so far it is not much fun! I cant stand the baby mama drama and my husband talking to her all the time even though he has to, i feel like this step mom thing is gonna take me over and make me crazy. It would be nice to have some friends on here to talk to and confide in and talk our issues through and vent to each other! Anyone out there who would be interested in this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am a step mom.. ish.
    My guy and I have a 15 month old girl. And he has a 25 month old boy. He had a one night stand before I got pregnant, I broke up with him, kicked him out so he slept with this horrible chick, and she ended up pregnant. She already had three kids, and when it came time for a PT she didn't even know who the dad was.

So, needless to say, we do NOT have a good relationship. She is a terrible mom, and we are going to start trying to fight for custody of his son really soon. It is a really hard thing to be, a step parent, but my step mom raised me, so I do have a HUGE amount of respect for step parents, and I hope that I am a good step parent, just like I'm sure you do.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have been a step mom for over 8 years and it has really had it's downs w/ very little ups...it is extremely difficult. First I came into my husband's life "after" him and April broke up and they were never married. From my first date w/ him though, I remember the phone calls...Her first one when she found out he was dating me was "I'm about to get married, get down here and screw me or I'm going thru w/ it"...ya, welcome to the drama...when that didn't work, she broke it off w/ that guy and moved 7 hours away from my husband and married there...and yes took my step-daughter w/ her. It has really put a strain on the relationship between my step daughter and my husband to say the least. We rarely see her at all. My step-daughter is now 12, when we met she was 3. My husband and I had a daughter who is now 5 and she had hardly no relationship w/ her sister at all and I push for it every day....conti.
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have my 5 year old call down there as much as possible, but lately her big sis has been nasty when she calls..which is hard on Arianna (my 5 year old)..The relationship between April and I is weird..she hates talking to my husband, so alot of times she will email me her issues or times and dates we will have my step daughter, Christmas Lists, etc. The last time my step daughter was here, my husband and her got in an argument and her mom called and wanted to talk to me about it...according to her "mother to mother" that I know what a mother feels etc...she is by far one of the most minupulative people I have ever met...ever..I come from a family of divorce and my parents remained friends (even though my dad had an affair)...for us kids, things were always civil..This girl married the guy she cheated on my husband w/ in highschool. The step dad calls our home to leave my step daughter messages like ..continued
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• "hunny it's daddy, I miss you so much, call me" just to piss my hubby off. We found out that she is using his last name even though that is not her legal name and by law she cannot change it w/o my husband signing off. His x sends this guy everytime they do the exchange..we have to meet at a half way point so we each drive 3.5 hours to the meeting point, at which time he takes 10 min. hugging and kissing my step daughter telling her it will be okay and how much they will miss her. She gets notes in the mail daily from them telling her to close her eyes and they are right there with her all the time..they send her w/ a list of everyone in their families phone numbers in case of emergency...it is absolutely rediculous...I tell my husband just to breath, let it go, do not address it and hopefully someday they will just stop the nonsense....totally understand drama!!!!!!
    jessemo6

Answer by jessemo6 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm stepmom-ish as well. I've got a close relationship with my niece, long story. For the most part it's good with experiences that I wouldn't trade for the world!
    But it is full of drama and seems different than most people seem to have as aunts and more like that of a step mom.
    I'd love to have a place to talk about family drama. As I am in this for the long haul and will do anything for my nieces.
    Could you count me in?
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 5:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009