How many children's books do you have in your house?

I have MANY. lol

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 4:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you kidding? I have to many. Our 6th grader is an avid reader and our preschooler loves to be read too. As a matter of fact in lieu of regular presents for her b-day this year my husband and I opted to buy her more books instead because we were so sick of reading the same ones over and over. When my now 6th grader graduated from 5th grade this year many of our relative bought her Barnes and Noble gift cards instead of other gifts.

We are a family of women who love to read. My husband reads but mostly magazines and crap on the internet. In the almost 7 yrs we've been married I haven't actually seen him pick up a book to read at all.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Several dozen.... maybe 40. And we don't have young children living here. :) I keep them for the grandchildren. One of the sweetest things they say to me is "Read to me, Grandma." :) :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• 100 - maybe. We have thousands of books. Over 100 for little children, toddlers and several hundred for young children and pre-teens. We both are avid readers and have collected many before we even had our own kids.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Too many to count! We read everynight and it's funny we read the same ones over and over. Our favorite right now is all about Fresian Horses.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Goodness, couldn't even count! We keep a bunch over here for my granddaughters when they visit. They love to be read to.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We have probably 1000 or better. It is really crazy. My dh works for the company that puts books in grocery stores and walmart and all and he would always get books from work for the kids. I also had my books from when I was little and of course I buy them books because I love to read.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Tons, and everything from cloth or cardboard books for babies to the stuff my 6th grader (who reads way above his grade level) reads.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• good God who counts the books....easily over 75 ......plus the ones in the camper and the ones in the van.....
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would have to say tons, too. I run a Roach Motel for books...they come in, but they never leave. I don't get rid of books.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i have probably around 50 maybe 60.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 5:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009