How to deal with extremely dry feet...

The skin on my feet is so dry it cracks & bleeds. I have tried a pumis stone, creams & even petrolium jelly...Nothing ever works, but the end of the day it's back... I do it every day... What else can I do? Any body else have this issue?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use a cream with glycerin. I buy it at gift shops. It comes in a jar, and the kind I buy has little fabric rose on top. It's the best thing I've found. If I use it every night, my feet stay soft.

Part of using a moisturizer is to use it while your skin is still slightly damp from your bath or shower. The moisturizer keeps the moisture that is already there on your skin. So take your shower, dry off, and put the moisturizer on right away.

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• talk to your Dr...
    Our Derm told us to use Eucerine cream or aquaphor.

We also get pedi's at it helps
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion.

Although, my skin wasn't quite as dry as yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• three way approach. Pedicure once a month, exfoliate every single shower or bath, Bath and Body Works Shea Butter for feet. immediately after drying off. Wrap feet lightly in saran wrap, slip a sock on leaver it on overnight, every night. If I don't mine crack open and bleed too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Try to stop wearing any colored socks and wear only white socks. The dyes in colored socks can cause dry feet among other problems. Plus, sometimes people are allergic to those dyes. Also try being barefoot as much as possible - and especially don't wear your socks to bed. And then the last thing I have for you is trying the "Toe The Line" products that they sell at Bath & Body Works. Those products I swear saved my feet!!!!
    neonds13

Answer by neonds13 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I normally just put lotion on them all the time. I feel your pain mine gets like that in the Winter... I hate Winter.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Eucerine should do the trick, if you do it daily
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• every night put on shea butter and socks.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Lots of good advice except one..DO NOT go barefoot. All the essential oils from your feet evaporate making them even drier. Avoid synthetic sock and shoes. kiss your flip flops goodbye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Lotion and socks at night. If it was me I would go for a pedi every few weeks and get a parafin dip. It will really do wonders.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009