US Soldier speaks what most Americans feel! He should run for office!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y98HxYbsdBM

US Soldier Demands Apology From Senator Claire McCaskill at Town Hall
Source: www.youtube.com
A US soldier demanded an apology from Senator Claire McCaskill at an Obamacare town hall in St. Louis, Missouri.

Are you all tired of this liberal leftism attacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He was a well read, well spoken young man who had a point to make and made it respectful. He has fought to uphold our Constitution and swore to protect the Constitution. He, and others like him, need an apology from the politicians who have gone to Washington for the glory instead of with humility to serve the public. Who, by the way, hired them, pays them, and can fire them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• He should be demanding an apology from the DOD for the way it treats soldiers. And demanding it loudly until the day when NO military family has to apply for public assistance ever again.

If he does that I'll vote for him no matter what his party.

As to the apology he DID demand...don't agree with him but that's OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• gdiamante,

agreed.

This soldier has insurance. Depending on how long he's been in, he probalby has not paid a cent for health care in years. He has no idea what it's like to not be able to take your child to the doctor or worry about the cost of an ER visit.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Dose the Constitution mean nothing to you people?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This soldier has insurance. Depending on how long he's been in, he probalby has not paid a cent for health care in years. He has no idea what it's like to not be able to take your child to the doctor or worry about the cost of an ER visit.

Not necessarily true! Just because he is military doesn't mean he uses Tricare. We are military and we pay for private insurance because Tricare is CRAP. We had nothing but problems with them in 3 different geographical locations.

Tricare once refused to pay for an ER visit for my Active Duty hubby. It was late on Sunday evening and he dropped a glass onto the counter and the flying glass cut his arm badly. He ended up with more than a dozen stitches. We had to pay for it ourselves because we didn't stop to phone in for authorization while the blood was spraying all over my kitchen...we just went to the ER. There is tons more.........
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Does this "student of the Constitution" really want to discuss programs that aren't covered by Article 1 Sections 8 or 9? Is he willing to eliminate VA benefits, farm subsidies, social security and Medicare? If he is ready to get the old, the poor and farmers under control and away from my tax dollars then I am all for his election to the Senate. However, I think this soldier and all of his clapping cronies have a mob mentality and have never reviewed all of the facts about healthcare reform.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yourspecialkid,

It is mandatory for soldiers to use Tricare first, even if they have other insurance. And in MANY cases, it is mandatory for them to use MTF.

In nearly 9 years, we've not had one single problem with Tricare. The only issues I've ever had were from hospitals who billed the wrong region or used the wrong social.

I'm sorry you have.

I would have refused to pay for your husband's visit. It was a true emergency because it involved the possibility of life (loss of blood) and limb. AND you only have to call within 24 hours, not before you go. If we had been you, we would have refused to pay for it and went through ANY and ALL channels to make them pay for it.

I took my husband last January to the ER because he was very short of breath. Turned out he had bronchitis. We were on leave. We called them on our way home, and they were fine with it. I am so thankful for Tricare.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just remembered another issue we had with a hospital.

We were visiting my parents and DD had walking pneumonia. I got a bill a month later from the hospital, I called and asked them why they didn't bill Tricare and she told me they billed Triwest, we were Tricare North. So, they switched it and it was okay.

The next month, I received another bill from them. So I called and this time it was because apparently DD's coverage started the day after we were there... obviously she's been covered since she was born... so I informed them they were wrong and was transferred about 3 times. I was told it was fixed.

The next month I got yet another bill from them. We went through it all again, and this time it actually got paid.

So annoying...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• gdiamante,

agreed.

And I guess his family worries if he is going to take a bullet defending YOU!
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• "Dose the Constitution mean nothing to you people? "

By this logic, EVERY SINGLE government program is a violation of the Constitution.

How many of you would have to go to work to feed your families if we're going to take that interpretation? Because WIC and food stamps and all other FEDERALLY FUNDED (state administered but federally funded) programs would go away.

I know what the Founders said. Doesn't mean I think they were RIGHT all the time.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009