how to get back to where we use to be

Me and my boyfriend, well ex have 3 kids and he is the luv of my life and he still luvs me but fell outta luv with me. How can we rekindle what we had and fix our relationship. We still live together and enjoy to hang out. A little more info, things got bad last year after he lost his job when he hurt his back and has been out of work. We have had a tough year and he says he wants to be in luv with me and tries to find that luv again but hasnt. Is it hopeless or can we be saved? any help or advices is appriciated thanks.
Jess

Jess1712

Asked by Jess1712 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like he's been going through a rough time. Maybe this really has nothing to do with you. Losing his job, going through pain is enough to cause depression. Maybe he could seek a doctor to see if he is experiencing symptoms of depression.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If you both want it it is absolutely possible to save the relationship. Just from what you said I wonder if he is battling depression. It isn't uncommon for men who have lost jobs or been injured to get depressed. They don't feel like good providers etc. That in turn can make him feel like he doesn't deserve the relationship. Have you been resentful towards him not working? Those things can all play a big part in the breakdown. You need to find a quiet time and talk. I mean really talk. About what you want in the relationship about how you got to where you are. I hope it works out for you both.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• When a man loses his job he is going to feel like less of a man and provider for his family. I think that him telling you that he no longer loves you is he way of letting you know "Hey wifey, I think you can do better for yourself and go out there and find an employed Prince Charming" He is beating himself up and trying to push you away. Try to get some counseling, alot of churches offer it for free if finances are a problem. Try to hang in there and definitely communicate. I hope all works out for the best for you, him and your kiddos.
    Mrs.Phillips007

Answer by Mrs.Phillips007 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Thanks for all the help this has all been helpfu;. I have can to some of these conclusions already. And I never talk down to him about being out of work I always try to bring out all his great qualities to bring him up.
    Jess1712

Answer by Jess1712 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2009