Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how meany people feel like they got screwed out of a custody case cause they felt like they were low income and the child stayed in the neglectful situation they beagin with

my husband and i lived in Utah the back in Feb moved to ct cause my husbands ex said she needed our help cause she couldn't handle my husbands kid she was willing to sign over rights to my husbands mom but me and my husband felt like it was our responsibility to take care of his son not his mom well when we came her parents stepped on our toes and said no they would not allow that well we were ok with every weekend seeing our step son until our step son told us we was moving to another state to my husband filed paper work with the courts now the mother forgets to feed him the grandparents put him with no supper they drugs him to calm him down cause they are to old to handle a active 7 year old one time the mother didn't know what pills to give him and he comes to our house with a pill box with his morning pills at night and night pills at morning and the courts said its ok to leave him in this situation cause that's all he k

Answer Question

Asked by caspers_mommy at 4:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I have no statistics on this particular phenomena.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Take it to court then. Really, thats your only option. Mixing up meds could cause damage or even death if mixed wrong or given to many. Thats not a healthy living situation. Your husband should've fought for his son in the first place. Sorry.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • we did go to the courts the courts know all of that the court decided it was best for the child to remain in the custody of his mother the family court lady who does the home study saw the mix pills and they still recommended him to stay with his mother that's what i don't understand after my step son came to us and told us and we saw things we went right to the courts and the state of ct did not care still ruled for the mother saying it was the best intrust of the child cause being with his mom is all he knew cause my step sons mother never told us there were problems untill right b4 we moved my husband was paying child support and we never knew how bad it was untill we moved back to ct to witness this stuff on our own my husband coudnt even get see medical records cause she never put him on the birth certificate when she should of when he went for paternity i just cant belive the state of ct did this even when she admitted

    Answer by caspers_mommy at 5:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Call CPS. How can you "forget" to feed a child? It's horrible. CPS is the only other thing I can think of.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.