How many women quit having their periods after getting their first depo shot?

I got my first depo shot the beginning of July. I had my period in July, but it was all brownish-red and lasted almost two weeks. Have not had a period since. No pregnancy symptoms and negative pregnancy test.

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 4:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• I got the depo shot the day I left the hospital after having my son. Of course I had the period after giving birth but after that I only had a couple in about 6 months and now they've stopped all together. It's normal to not have a period after having the shot.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 4:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i wish that happened to me... i got the shot 2 mths after birth and i had a period for 3mths straight. my skin broke out bad. i never went back for the second shot and now i get 2periods a mth... i guess its different for everybody
    ASHLIE421

Answer by ASHLIE421 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i was on the shot years ago and never got my period i think i was on the shot for about 3 years. when i stopped i got my period for a month straight!
    C.Lewis

Answer by C.Lewis at 5:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2009