Slapping hands?

Ok, I don't have any issues with spanking my daughter if she has done something that deserves a spanking. (Sorry to mom's who don't believe in it, but if my kid is trying to stick something in a power outlet, I am going to spank her, because spanking her is going to hurt a heck of a lot less than being electracuted.. Same with trying to run out in the road. Gonna pop her on the butt.)

Anyway, back to the question, I heard that slapping your toddlers hand can cause blood vessles to pop. Is this true? My 14 month old had a little tantrum and hit me, so I slapped her hand but the more I thought about it, it makes sense.. is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wonder if the first few responders to this question do have out of control kids? Hmmm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Wow, way to go mom.
    Teaching double standards and nonsensical values from the beginning - teaching not to hit by actually hitting back, great example you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Why do you want to hit your child??????????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• chill out anon, you just go have a calm conversation with your child after they hit and inside they will be laughing at their pushover mom. lol......its too late to start disciplining when they get out of control.

OP: I have never heard of such, and for a young child a little tap is all thats needed anyways. ;)

Anonymous

• Yes it is true that you can pop blood vessels in their hand. And btw, that is really mean.
    Anonymous

• I love all these pushover moms, no wonder I see so many out of control kids. Hilarious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• OP here:
    I have never, ever spanked my child hard enough to leave a mark, let alone pop a blood vessle. I just wanted to know if it was true.
    I know some of you will NEVER understand spanking a child, so I am not going to debate it with you, it is a personal choice. And like I said, if I need to convey my point of SAFETY to her by giving her a spanking, at least my kid isn't going to be the one dead in the middle of the road because she was hit by a car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Dont let anybody bully you about spanking or popping a hand I have never busted any blood vessels or bruised my DD or DS. You are the only one that has got to raise them..
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It's possible to burst a blood vessel. It happens. But chances are you won't do any real damange unless you just hit really hard!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I truly believe in not spanking and sorry but I have plugs on the sockets so there is NO chance of them sticking something in it. And I never let my 15 month old close enough for her to run into the street.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009