does constant heartburn mean lots of hair???

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 4:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's an old wive's tale. My daughter had a TON of hair and the only time I had heartburn was when I was really stressed out, so hair definitely wasn't the cause!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• no it doesnt. old wives tale
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It didn't for me at all. I had horrid heartburn and my little man was bald as all get out. Infact we called him Charlie Brown for about 1.5 years
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• it did for me and my mother
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• for me yeah....my son came out with a ton of hair....blonde hair....so cute...but yeah it varies i guess
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i think its an old wives tale..i had horrid heartburn as well and she didnt have very much hair at all.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• that's an old wives tale....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No. I think it means you should avoid spicy food. LOL. OMG...the stuff that shows up here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think it is an old wives tale, but it was right for me! I had to be prescribed medication the last two months of my pregnancy because the HB was SOOOOO bad, and my DD had a long, beautiful hair when she was born. LOL When my water broke the nurse was "checking" me and she said, "Oh, wow, your water definately broke, and your baby definately has a ton of hair."

LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn which turned into major Acid Reflux...like I would lean over and acid would fall out of my mouth, I was miserable. The doctor told me the hormone that causes fetal hair growth causes bad heartburn. She was right because my DD had so much hair it was crazy. When I was giving birth and her head was coming out all I heard from every nurse and doctor was "Look at all that hair!"
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009