How long to have my butt in the air?

My husband and I are trying to concieve and after we make love I walk the wall and put a pillow under my hips. Is this the right thing to do or is it not good? If its the right thing to do how long should I do it for at a time? Any other tips for helping with conceiving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think it's right to do that and you should just let nauture take it's course.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I've always heard that 20 to 30 minutes is ideal. It's soooo uncomfortable, though! Also, ensure that you're having sex at least two days before ovulation and within two days of ovulation. You should be tracking your ovulation schedule by either testing cervical mucus or basal body temperature. I know there are more ways, but I can't think of them right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• keep your butt in the air for one hour and dont let any sperm come out.
    If it does, catch it and shove it back in. The more sperm, the more chances of conceiving.

More tips for TTC:
    drink prune juice every day, on the hour, every hour.
    You can also eat dates or prunes.

Try not to pee for 3 hours after he ejaculates. That will cause the sperm to shoot out.
    Good luck
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Look enough for his seed to be depositted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Try not to pee for 3 hours after he ejaculates. That will cause the sperm to shoot out.
    Good luck

Bad advice. Urinating after sex helps to prevent a woman from getting a UTI.
    Anonymous

• I've also heard that doing that for 15-30 minutes helps your chances. But I conceived my daughter standing up and going to the bathroom immediately afterward, so...not necessary at all. Most of what leaks out doesn't contain any sperm anyway, and if any sperm does get out, it's a minuscule amount compared to what stays in there.

And as someone who's had experience with UTI's, you definitely want to pee after having sex, the sooner the better.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Honestly, a few minutes is plenty. The sperm actually made it within the first few minutes. 15 minutes to an hour won't improve your chances.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Drink prune juice?? LOL Someone wants you to have some serious diarrhea.
    gruntwife0331

Answer by gruntwife0331 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2009