How long am I ovulating?

I am tring to concieve and I was wondering if anyone knew how many days, if more than one, do you ovulate in a row? and I was wondering how many days after your missed period if your most fertle? I have heard that its 11 days, then I heard 12 days, and now I have heard 14 days! please help me!!! thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You ovulate for about 48 hours, but the egg can only be fertilized for about 12 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• how do you know when that 12 hours is?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• check out this site it will help http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 5:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Ovulation is just the process of the egg being released from the folicle. It doesn't last. But you're fertile from 5-6 days before ovulation to 12-36 hours afterwards, with your most fertile window being 2-3 days prior. You ovulate 11-16 days before your period starts, making you most fertile from 11-19 days before your period. If you have a "normal" 28-day cycle, that means you should have sex from 9-17 days after your period starts (maybe 7-19, just to be on the safe side) to catch your most fertile time, adjusting if your cycle is shorter or longer. The best way to know for sure, though, is to chart your cycle. www.fertilityfriend.com can help with this.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• k lets say your period was june 18. k you have a normal 28 day cycle. so u would ovulated june 26.
    if you have sex within the week and after the day of ovulation you ahve a higher change of conceiving. alot of things can tell you when your ovulating, cervix positions, cervix discharged,, your temperature. THE BEST WAY IS TO RELAX AND ENJOY.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009