How much should you charge for babysitting?

Lady wants a babysitter from 7:00am - 8:00pm three days a week, then 7:00-3:30 three days a week . What should she be charge? And if she is 2 hours late what to charge?

sisterjannew

Asked by sisterjannew at 5:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for an 8 hour day, I charge $25 a day. any longer, its an extra $5 an hour. If they are late, and no call, then its $15 an hour (never happens to me, but its out there)
    weekends are $35 an hour. That is my free time, and if they want a sitter, i'll do it, but its that much, and they have to be ok with me taking their child out in my car- i provide proof of insurance, and have a paper stating my clear driving record. PLUS I have extra new carseats for children still in them.

If the child eats something special, or has allergies, the parent has to bring the special food. I will tell them what we are eating that week, and if they are not ok with it, then they need to provide the extra.
    The money I make pays for supplies
    ie: milk, books, crayons, play-doh, paper to print stuff off on, and anything extra we might need. Also to update CPR classes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my daughter just took a babysitting course...they were told to charge 2$ an hour to start untill they have more experience and go up from there...and babies should cost a bit more because they are more work....but you would be suprised how much rates will fluctuate with the area...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It depends on the age of the child and if she is providing diapers, wipes and food or you do. That is a lot of hours and 6 days a week. In my area for a 6 month old she would be paying at least 200 a week if she provides everything 275 if you provide
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• *EDIT*
    $35 a day, not an hour! wow that would be great. .lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• between 150.00-200.00 a week I charged $5.00 for every 15 minutes they were late
    I also asked them to provde 1 can/bollte of jiuce a week. If the child needs diapers, wipes special food, formula etc the parent supplies it. They also need to make sure there is 1-3 changes of clothing kept at the house just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009