I am in transition with careers and do not have a job which depresses me. After being dispolaced from Hurrican Katrina I am having to travel back and forth to rebuild my house. I am also a single parent struggling. I just feel as if I cannot go anymore. To add to it all, I am staying with my parents, who think that I will be here for the rest of their or my life. Needless to say, I am the only child, which requires a lot from me to them because of their handicaps. Help me

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I do not sell, stock, or deliver anything. We are a legitimate company who has won awards from the BBB including the Blue Torch Award and the Hall of Fame award, we have also been listed in the Inc. 500 magazine for our ethics and integrity. We offer a free website, free training, unlimited support and a free personal mentor to help you reach your financial goals. If you are interested in learning more information on our team and company please go to www.workathomeunited.com/heathers for more details.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• How many children do you have? Have you thought about trying to meet someone to marry? I know that sounds kind of silly to you, but there are men out there with children who are looking for a mate. Maybe there is someone out there searching for some help as well. It doesn't even have to be dating really, you could find someone for friendship that maybe you could move in together and help each other with kids, bills, etc. It would be really good if you could work opposite schedules so that one stays home and cares for the kids when the other works, thus eliminating daycare expense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• What is your background? I do career and job search coaching; send me a message offlist.

There is a great book on finding your career path called What Color is Your Parachute; you should be able to find it at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home. I can stay home and raise my kids, without the hassle of daycare or anything. I absolutely love it, and it's really fun and easy. If you are interested, just let me know, and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Why are you rebuilding your house? Is it really worth rebuilding or would you be better off selling or walking away from it. It sounds like you need to lighten your load, and I can't imagine that a house in a flood zone is worth the bother. maybe you could add on to your parents' house establish your own space and simplify your life.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009