What's the best way to get members to join my group?

I just started this group and I'm having a horrible time trying to get people to join. I've promoted, sent out messages and welcomed every member into the group. Still, numbers are low. Any other group owners have any advice?

Asked by StephAnne04 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Get involved in conversations that are related to your groups topic and invite people that join in on the conversation....also use ur group name and something catchy in your siggy..!! you can use it when u send out emails aswell..

Answer by florezitta10 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• it depends on what type of group you have, you have advertise in another group like others, or just post in the newcomers group!

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 12:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Do you have a link to your group in your siggy? If you don't, add one... may be a banner or image too. And a brief description... something catchy. That's how I found out about most of the groups I'm in.

Answer by amandae21 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• put the link promoting you rgroup then use it in lots of replies

Answer by PiscesRooster at 3:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yup as others said, find a way to promote it in your signature :D if you want I can try to make a banner for you and talk you through putting it into your signature :D Message me if you want.

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 10:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Don't give up, I started out with a few and now I have about 4500 members. Keep sending out invitations, do journals about it, have your link in your siggy, answer posts in groups so others can see your link in your siggy. Good Luck!

Answer by amybuddy45 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• What kind of group is it?

Answer by mrschrono at 7:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Visit other people profile and add a text to their page

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Thanks guys...I do have a banner in my siggy that I made myself...its a group where we do a lot of photo we vote on other photography but also on edits...I'm thinking of adding a siggy contest to it too but I dont know how popular that would be

Answer by StephAnne04 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I don't have time to engage faithfully in a group. I enjoy doing what I do now. I visit as many of the topics as I can each time I visit.

Answer by Bevner at 2:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008