What do you do when you can't get you're baby to burp when he has a belly full of air and no matter how many different ways you try to burp you never get one?

newbie0801

Asked by newbie0801 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well what can you do? try rubbing their tummy if its hurting them but if they dont burp they dont burp
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• have you laid him across your lap and burped him that way? what about having him sit up butt on your leg (thigh) his legs over the side of your leg, your hand under his chin patting his back? have your tried massaging his back try stretching him out by taking his arms and gently pulling them up . like stretching. then start rubbing his back from the bottom to the top or try burping him from the bottom to the top

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• take their legs and mush them into his/her belly a lil. it might make them fart but that will also help.. u can give them a nice warm bath which also helps.. put them on ur shoulder bounch them while u pat their back..... if they dont burp its fine unless they are cryin bc they have a stuck one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• gripe water. gas drops
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I sometimes have trouble burping my little girl and this trick seems to work. Sit on the coach with your knees up and place your baby with their head resting on your knees. Your baby should be in an almost sitting position. Let your baby kick away at your stomach and generally move around (this is also a fun way to interact with your little one) and hopefully in a little while the movement should help release the gas in the form of lots of little farts ha! (better than nothing at all!)
    TopBrit

Answer by TopBrit at 9:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son used to get very gassy and frustrated when he was unable to expel it. Gripe water is amazing. It seems to take the gas away completely. Also some people use Simethicone (gas-X) which "clumps" all the gas together so it is easier to expel. Gripe water worked the best for me!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would hold my son in a sitting position on my lap and put gentle pressure on his stomach while patting/rubbing his back. It takes a while. Sometimes laying them on the floor and gently rolling them onto their left side, then right side and then lay them on the back again, then sit them up with neck support does the trick. My son was very difficult to burp, we had to use playtex drop-ins to minimize the air he took in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009