how does the feeding schedule change when introducing solids? How many hours in between meals?

My little 5 month old is formula fed. he eats alot. Is it true that babies start loosing weight when they start solids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine didn't. They shouldn't lose weight because when they're just on baby food, their formula amount shouldn't drop that much. If it does, cut back on baby food.

I gave meals when we ate our meals and let them have snacks in between the meals. They eventually adjusted (at about 6 months) to having a snack between each meal (and a nap) then one snack about an hour before bed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Before the start of baby food, my daughter was eating 5-5oz bottles a day. Now with baby food, she still eats 5-5 oz bottles with rice cereal in the morning, 1/2 container of fruit at noon and 1/2 container of veggies at 5.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I believe they do, since formula or breast milk contain more calories then baby food. If they get full on the less caloric food, they may not consume as much of the formula/breast milk, and could lose a little, or at least gain slower.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009