Would you consider this molestation?

My boss is with a man that is 32 years her senior. She is 32. Not a whole lot of people know about their relationship considering they have been together since she was 17 and he was 49. She told me that they love each other, he was her first, at age 17 he was the only man to show her love. Turns out, he is the current assistant principal at our high school. She didn't want me to know who he was since his divorce is not final. No comment on that. Anyways, is...was this whole situation wrong. Since his divorce is near final, she wants me and my family to get together with him and her for dinner. I do not want him around my 7 year old daughter. I have declined the offer. My question is: What high school principal takes the virginity of a 17 year old student??? Would you have looked at this as molestation or what? It bothers me that she may bring this guy around me in the future at work. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, this is disturbing if he met her at school while he was the principal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Definitely disturbing and yes, a 49 year old man that has sex with a 17 year old girl, that is molestation. I would not want this man as the principal at any school and I certainly would not want my kids around him. Stand your ground. You are the protector of your children.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't have a problem with their relationship on the basis of age difference....but I do have a problem with a fifty year old man sleeping with his 17 year old student. That's wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It's sagatory rape.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It's not molestation... she's of legal age to have consentual sex. You said he's the assistant principal now... was he then? (that many years later he'd have surely been up to superintendent or principal by now).
    I think you're over-reacting myself. Having sex with a 17 yr old girl (you have no idea if she was the one that came on to him or vice versa).
    Would I want my 17 yr old having sex with anyone let alone a middle age man? Heck no! Could I press charges on him? Nope, she's old enough to make those choices and there's nothing I can do about it now, she can even move out of my home and I can't stop her (yea I know someone's daughter who did and the cops can't make her come home).
    If you feel uncomfortable, just never leave him alone with your daughter but if you alienate this man you're going to be alianating your friend too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Your story is a bit confusing.

Was he the principal when he knew her? Or is he now a principal?

What is the age of consent in your state?

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I believe it is 18. He was her teacher then, and now he is the assistant principal. It just makes me uncomfortable that she wants no one to know, yet she tells me everything. When she tells her parents the news of her relationship,I don't want to be drug into the middle of it. I have to work with these people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My gut tells me if she's stayed on the side hidden all of these years, then chances are, once that divorce is final then he's going to dump this one for his newer model and that's why she's been a secret so long and it's taken so long to get that divorce.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I agree with lisa ann p
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yeah since he was her teacher, it was wrong from the beginning. It doesn't matter the age, he was in a posistion of authority and he took advantage.

I would absolutely be 100% uncomfortable in this situation.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009