Should I stay?

Me and my husband have been married for two years now, he is very immature, childdish, selffish, and every thing else when it comes down to me, he say he I have it all and he is very jealous of me, I try to help him to the best of my ability. I just strive to do my best in all that i do, I try to encourage him to do his best, but the only thing interest him is the streets, drinking, ringtones, and everybody else business. I try to enhance our relationship in all ways, he don't everything is left on me to complete, I am about to complete my degree and he don't even have a GED, he get's mad at me take my books, or say ugly things to me. I don't want to be the provider in this family, the only reason I am staying is because we have two boys that are five, daddy lil men. they seem to care for him more than they do me, so i don't say much, should I just go any way and not give him the free ride he's looking for?

renee8982

Asked by renee8982 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Could he be depressed?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If you don't want to support him... then I suggest that you do one of two things.
    Tell him that the free ride is over and so is the abuse (yes it's abusive to talk down to you).
    Tell him that you're going to give him X amount of time to get his crap together and if he fails to do so, you're gone and follow thru with it.
    The kids may like him more than you but they don't love him more I'm sure. Kids like having play mmates but they love having someone that cares for them, disciplines them, teaches, nurtures, and loves them. There is a huge difference.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• what kind of degree can you get when you can't even form complete sentences with proper grammar? worry about yourself, not him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You already know what you need to do.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009