Does your 2yr talk back to you?

Sometimes when I tell my DD to do something she will actually stand me down and talk back to me. I laugh on the inside because half the time I have no idea what shes saying but I always put her in place and let her know whose the parent. Does your kid think they had you and not the other way around?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DD is 14 months old and she does already! LOL It is hilarious, but I don't laugh. According to her pediatrician, this is the age where she is starting to "exert her independance" and she is trying to figure out what the boundaries are, who is really "in charge" etc. My DD cracks me up, I tell her to lay down for a nap, and she says, "No, no, mama down." And wants me to lay down for a nap. I'll tap on the mattress and tell her, "Taylee has to take a nap now, it is nap time." And she will tap the mattress and say, "Mama dap {nap}" I just have to stand my ground, lay her down, and tell her no. But it is hilarious.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, my 2 year old DS does it. I think that my DS Cusses me out a lot in Toddler language. And sometimes, he'll just flat out say "NO ____"! (For example, I'll say let's eat dinner and he says "NO BITE"
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 6:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Oh yes! Everytime I tell him something he yells "No!" Sometimes it's funny because of the look he has on his face. Just last night I went into his room for something and I was sitting on the bed. Then he walks in the room and tells me "Get out mom, get out my room." very matter of fact! I had to laugh. Of course when he gets in trouble for talking back, he starts crying and saying "Hug you." because he wants me to pick him up and then he tries to make it all better! Especially when he gets in trouble with his grandma. When grandma gets mad at you, that's when you know you're in trouble! He gets the saddest look on his face and his lip starts to tremble. He's a riot.
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 6:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009