Do you think it's going to come down to no one is allowed to stay at home?

With times being as they are, and so many people seeking assistance with money, is there going to come a time when both parents are expected to work to provide for the family? Isn't that going to be the only solution to a poor economy? Don't tell me how bad the job situation is either, because I have seen all the available jobs out there... there is something available if people were willing to go find it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are they going to pay for my childcare costs??? Because I think it is pointless if I can't get a job that pays more than my child's childcare.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You need to shut up. My sister has been out of work since March. She is a teacher. She has applied EVERYWHERE!!!!! She cant even get a job delivering pizzas. I am so upset for her.Most people think she is overqualified for everything she applies for. So dont hand me that nonsense about if she wanted a job she could get one.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I agree with PP my friend is a nurse who was layed off. She applied all over and even the dollar store wouldnt hire her cause she was "over qualified"
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Not everyone lives in the perfect world you live in. I know people with degrees who can't even find a job. Sadly, even McD's isn't hiring. How about you quit telling other people what they are doing wrong and go play barbies.

As for your question, times are hard and if we all could go out and get jobs, we would wouldn't we?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I agree that there may seem to be a lot of jobs available...but not nearly enough to employ EVERYONE.
    wikem81

Answer by wikem81 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• "is there going to come a time when both parents are expected to work to provide for the family?"

Those times have come before. Women have typically worked in one way or another throughout history. The SAHM model is actually less traditional than many people think.

But your premise that there are plenty of jobs out there is not quite correct. Yeah, there are jobs...but employers aren't being as willing to hire. My husband has been getting the "overqualified" card handed to him everywhere.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, it just may come to alot more SAHM's having to get out and work to help their family. It's happened before.
    I have a nephew who graduated from college last spring....he has a degree in business and is a car salesman for the time being and before that was working at Lowe's as a stocker. He just couldn't get hired and he was handed the 'over-qualified" card over and over again. Talk about feeling low...the kid just finished 4 years of college thinking he had the world by the tail and for now, he's hanging onto the tail, so to speak!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009