my friends 2 year old

So my friend and I started trading babysitting because I started up classes again. Anyways her 2 year old is pretty typical and doesn't like to share. My concern is that when my 11 month old is over and my friend iis busy with her newborn her daughter is mean to my LO. When I was watching them her daughter hit my son's hand and pushed him and kicked him (separate occasions). My friend has given my permission to put her daughter in time out if nessisary. My question is how can I convince her daughter to share and be nice to my baby, and approach the subject with her without creating any hard feelings.

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you "discipline" her daughter for the first time, make sure your friend is there and watching you do it. Once her daughter sees that mommy is OK with you disciplining her, she will come to understand that she must listen to you as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• ok i just want it understood shareing is hard, does her dd have older siblings? if not then when its only u always being able to play with the ball its hard for them to understand that they have to share the ball..or if its always given up so she dosent whine and cry..i have a dd age 12 and a 3 yr old when he was 2 he was the sameway he never shared really didnt have to he had no one else to play with..now at 2 1/2 i started babysitting a 10 month old, my first 2 days were tough because of the sharing issue, so what i did was everytime he wouldnt share i would take the toy away and say you need to share your toys so give.....a car please he would and i would give him back the other car, and say good boy thank u very much. and if he was mean he would sit on the couch till he said sorry to....it took 2 days and we were good, now the 10 month old is 2 now and he is doing the samething he wont share were my son now will.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'd just have an uncomfortable talk and say that her kid is rough at times with yours and you need her permission to discipline in a manner she feels appropriate. You know, a two year old can really hurt an 11 month old. Older sibs can be a danger to younger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009