So what is a "hot mess"

I guess it's the new catch-phrase. I'm reading it in magazines. Jessical Alba said she is not sexy, she is always a hot mess at home. ????? What?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always say that too about my house before I clean the "hot mess" up!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 7:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• this is terrible but in schools, i have heard kids refered to as a hot mess, meaning they have major behavioral issues. literally a hot mess is something you would back away from like a spagetti pot boiling over. btw the teacher was half joking when talking about the student... it is still terrible.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• a hot mess in jessica albas eyes is no makeup sweats bun ect
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• hot mess=beautiful disaster..........
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Hmmm....I've used this to describe a situation or a person before, but I don't know that I can actually define the meaning just that when I use it most people nod their heads in agreement and know exactly what I mean, lol. I have a friend that is super-smart but scatter-brained, she can't keep a postage stamp sized corner of her apartment clean, is always going in a million directions, is always into the wildest things, she is just a "hot-mess" and anyone that knows her knows that about her. She even looks like a "hot-mess" with crazy unkempt hair and clothes, lol. I think any situation that is super complicated and dramatic is also considered a "hot-mess." I think this is a saying originated somewhere in the deep south, lol.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• beautiful disaster, that sounds about right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009