UN advocates teaching 5 yr olds that masturbation "feels good." How do you feel about the UN teaching your child sex ed?

The UN is now in the sex ed business. The UNESCO report is called "International Guidelines for Sexuality Education".

5-8 year olds learn that masturbation feels good
9-12 year olds get to learn about aphrodisiacs

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543203,00.html?test=latestnews

A copy of the actual UN report.
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/082509_unesco.pdf

What are your thoughts ladies?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 7:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The wonderful thing is,. The UN can say whatever it wants. Member nations don't have to participate. And the US won't with this.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i honestly think its wrong.. kids know it feels good they do it regardless of what we say. BUT its not right to talk to them so young about it bc then it just gives them the right to do it and personally i dont want walk in on my kids and i dont want them behind closed locked doors so young! i think when girls start their period and boys hit puberty then it is time for the sex talk.. everything from masturbation to oral and the actual act of sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• By the way....in answer to your question,. NO.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If I still had a 5 yo who was going to school and that was part of the curriculum, I would either homeschool or  put him/her in private school. All of society doesn't feel that type of self-stimulation and self-gratifying is fine. No, and I hope we are brave enough to tell some people that we don't have to take every crappy idea in this country just because they do it in  stupid Europe.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think it is a good idea. I can't tell you how many men and women I have known ages 18-late 20's that don't have a clue about how their body works, how to prevent pregnancy or that violence in a relationship is not ok, because their parents never told the. And the last one is really really important one.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Are they teaching that violence in a relationship is not okay, or is it just about self-pleasure and what helps you get hard / randy? I don't have a problem with them teaching that violence isn't okay, but the other stuff should be off limits, especially to those age groups. Otherwise we will see a surge in youth pregnancy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• MythicMMM, you really think it would be okay if they taught 5 year olds about masturbation at school? You are okay with your 9 year old being taught about aphrodisiacs? That is sad!

There are many things that are covered by the standard sex ed taught in US schools. The question isn't about those things.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• They teach about the violence, pregnancy and abortion as well...to the older kids.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm not okay with it, but then I think the UN is full of sh-t anyway, and really don't care what the believe.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009