what is the best thing to get for a 4 yr old boy's b-day?

my son is turning 4. just looking for good ideas. he of course wants whatever toy is on the commercials this moment. i also wanted to get him a learning laptop toy but idk which one is best.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 7:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Shopping

• My 4 year old stepbaby's favorite toys are hot wheels cars. Nothing else can compare.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my son loves his v-smile (he just turned 5 on the 6th and he got the V Smile for his 4th b-day) He's not as technologically advanced as most of his friends are, they all know how to play Wii, Xbox and Playstation and that junk. I like V-Smile, it's easy and educational!
    sunnysoleil

Answer by sunnysoleil at 7:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My son likes his leap frog keyboard that plugs into the TV, it has great educational activities.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yeah my son loves his V-Smile as well.....all educational games, and with them being in their favorite characters and movies they don't really think about the educational value. LOL

My son also has the Tag reader pen for helping with his reading.

Other than educational toys like that perhaps something like a soccer net or fisher price basketball hoop, something also to play with but get him active outside as well too.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• For my son's 4th birthday i bought him a birthday crown and took him to Target and said he could get one big toy....ANYTHING he wanted.....He picked 4 planet heros, right away and pretty much ran to the check out...since they weren't BIG I let him have the 4 hero's. He's almost 5 and still talks about... that day!!!.....BTW the computer stuff like v tech wears off but action toys last alot longer because they can get on the floor and be creative and express themselves.
    My son has a V smile and all the games and could care less..he still loves his planet heros!
    get things that will stimulate their creative side not something you invest a huge amount of money only to be a dust collector
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It's not a dust collector for everyone, my son first got his vsmile two years ago and he plays it almost daily!!! In fact it's the action hero's that are the dust collectors in this house. For my son it's Vsmile and Thomas the train
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son is 4 and loves all the imaginext stuff- Batcave, fire station, gorilla mountain, etc.
    JBrummer

Answer by JBrummer at 9:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Anything spider man! Or, what about a bike, or a scooter? Soccer ball, football, hockey sticks/net, tonka trucks(years of play from there)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009