how long will a toddler bed last?

I know every child's size varies, some are small, average and big for their age. many moms have told me it's better on the wallet to get a full size bed when it's time for the transition from the crib. but when do toddlers, on average, outgrow a toddler bed(which I guess is when they also outgrow the crib mattress)?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Usually by 3 or 4, I went straight to a twin sized bed with both of mine, those will last until they decide they want a full or queen sized bed. They do or did sell rails that will attach to a regular bed at places like toysRus and Child's Place, etc.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My oldest was 2 when he started to get to big (he was the size of a four year old)! My second was never in one. We got bunk beds when our third was born, so #2 went straight to the bunk bed. I guess I would say around 4 years old.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My daughter moved to a big bed at 3 and 1/2 and my son moved on his 3rd birthday.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have a toddler (race car) bed that i got at BabiesRUs and it used a crib matress at first with the "doors" as sides to prevent rolling out. Then you switch to a twin mattress when the child is old enough. I bet my son will use it until he is at least 10yrs. old. I am not sure if they have a girs version of it or not.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009