I seriously hate myself right now...

my DD is almost 9 months old and I started getting warts on my fingers when she was about 5 months old..I think the stress of pregnancy and breastfeeding caused them to resurface...and as soon as I saw them I started puttin bandaids on them because I didnt want her to get them..my doctor said the chances of me giving them to her were EXTREMELY low and not to worry well as always this **** always happens ..I feel like a diseased freak, and now I think I gave them to my baby!! I was looking at her hand today ( I know im paranoid) to make sure she didnt have any and I saw these two tiny black dots, both on different parts of her index finger..and im scared they are the start of warts!! I just dont understand! I was sooo careful, and I thought breastfeeding her would keep her immune system strong..I guess not and thats the finger she always puts in her mouth! so now they are going to be all over her body!! Im so worried!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• I dont know what to do, they cant just give her something to make them go away!! im seriously the worlds worst mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• First she will be fine. You should go to the dr and have yours removed if youb are that upset by them. Also you can get the freeze away things over the counter at walmart and such. As for your daughter if you are that worried that she has gotten one take her to the peds office and talk about how to get rid of them. Warts are not pretty but they are not the end of the world and you are not a bad mother.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Did you beat the baby?

Then stop calling yourself a bad mother.

Breastfeding is NOT an impenetrable shield.

Go see the doc. It's likely far worse in your head than it is in reality, y'know?

Answer by gdiamante at 7:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• why don't YOU use some compound-w to get rid of your warts? they can be spread to other people, it's a virus. if i were you i'd find a different doctor.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am using compound-W but it doesnt make a difference because as soon as I get rid of one, 2 more pop up elsewhere, I keep using the compound still but theres nothing I can do to keep new ones from coming, I keep band aids over the compound W to keep everything covered so I dont spread anything, but I guess that wasnt good enough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Isn't there some new freeze stuff on the market? I saw an ad for it tonight and thought of this post.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009