I seriously hate myself right now...

my DD is almost 9 months old and I started getting warts on my fingers when she was about 5 months old..I think the stress of pregnancy and breastfeeding caused them to resurface...and as soon as I saw them I started puttin bandaids on them because I didnt want her to get them..my doctor said the chances of me giving them to her were EXTREMELY low and not to worry well as always this **** always happens ..I feel like a diseased freak, and now I think I gave them to my baby!! I was looking at her hand today ( I know im paranoid) to make sure she didnt have any and I saw these two tiny black dots, both on different parts of her index finger..and im scared they are the start of warts!! I just dont understand! I was sooo careful, and I thought breastfeeding her would keep her immune system strong..I guess not and thats the finger she always puts in her mouth! so now they are going to be all over her body!! Im so worried!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I dont know what to do, they cant just give her something to make them go away!! im seriously the worlds worst mother!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• OMG, take it easy. You don't even know what the dots are. It could be nothing or a mole forming. Wash her with antibacterial soap. Call the ped. nurse if you want but you aren't a bad mom. Hang in there, there are worse things.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Okay...so there are things you can do about this if you are really concerned. Schedule an appointment for yourself and your daughter at a dermatologists. I honestly don't know if there's anything they could give to the baby, but they can give something to you. Atleast I hope they could since you are still nursing. I remember I had several warts when I was 17 in highshool and I was EXTREMELY embarrased by them. I saw a dermatologist and he gave me something that activated my skin immune system to respond. Eventually they went away, but he did have to freeze one because it was so big. Wish you all the luck in getting rid of those pesky warts!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 7:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Hun you didn't do anything wrong! You were being as careful as possible...someone I know had cold sores-her son dropped his pacifier and she cleaned it off by sucking on it!!! He ended up with cold sores all in his mouth...poor thing...warts really aren't that bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009