What about music?

If you use music to worship, how is it incorporated into your worship service? What is your favorite type of worship music?

cleanaturalady

Asked by cleanaturalady at 7:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My favorite kind is prophetic worship... I.E. IHOP, Forerunner, people like Misty Edwards, Kim Walker, Luke Wood, Ruth Fazal , Alberto and Katherine Rivera, I also enjoy Hillsong. Anything that points us to Him and away from ourselves yet it blesses us ! I am listening to Derek Loux right now.
    I do not listen to contemprary much but if I do its people like Michael W. Smilth, Kathy Troccoli and Twila Paris.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• there is that rare "secular" singer I will listen to as well, such as Bette Milder's Wind under my Wings and the Glory of love or Cece Winan's and whats her face the song Count on Me or Miley Cyrus's newest song The Climb. As well as Wynonna Judd's Build a Bridge.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• oops you were asking how we incorporate it in our worship umm boy Im not reading things too well today lol sorry bout that. We just flow with the Holy Spirit when we worship. There are prepicked songs but sometimes we just sing in the spirit ( english and tongues) and just let Holy Spirit take over.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We sing praise songs "Lord, I lift Your name on high", "Celebrate", we also sing some traditional hymns such as Amazing Grace, but we sing a lot of contemporary Christian too like Open the eyes of my heart, Here we are to Worship, I can only imagine, etc. Our praise team is made up of 2 guitarists who are also our lead singers, and me and my daughter who play tambourine.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My husband's church starts with a few songs sang by the whole congregation, then a song from a dvd (like praise and worship kind of stuff - Lord I lift your name on high type of thing), then a song or two by the choir, and then its down to business.

My Methodist church still uses the traditional hymns sang at set times during the service,and the choir usually gets a song or two, but our choir directer likes to do upbeat or kind of modernish arrangements for cantatas and stuff, when she gets a cantata Sunday (which is always great, the choir at our church is great, IMO).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• We rock out! The louder the better. If anyone has issues with irreverent music or drums, then simply wont feel very comfy in our church...LOL, then we have worship time that includes stuff from IHOP like Shaneagle mentioned. Our church loves Misty Edwards and her song "you wont relent". Now as far as my everyday music, I love the basic stuff on the radio. Jeremy Camp, Building 429, Aaron Shust, and then I love love love the 80's. You can still catch me listening to a good Def Leppard or Bon Jovi song. Im multifaceted when it comes to music. I just cant help it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• ok.. ours is like momofsaee and shaneagle... and i love it. also two of our pastors write so some of our stuff is originals written by them.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to mention that at my husband's church, my husband plays the bass and his grandmother plays the piano (she's in charge of the music ministry), and sometimes his brother plays a little beat on drums, and there is sometimes someone playing on tambourine.

And sometimes, on really special occasions, his mom and aunts get together and sing during the service which is awesome (they're a very musical family).

I think my favorite, though, is when they ask my husband to sing the songs he's written, but I'm just a little biased, lol.

;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• (his grandma writes all the arrangements for the stuff she plays, too, which is pretty cool)

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• My church sings traditional hymns. I really love more contemporary music myself, but a lot of people like the traditional stuff.   I am pushing the worship team to give some more contemporary arrangements to traditional hymns like this one from Fernando Ortega (who I love, love, love) and this one by Chris Tomlin (who I also adore).  I think that would blend the needs/wants of a greater variety of the congregation. 

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009