Bible Prophecy...

What do you guys think of this information?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• sahmamax2, "And what does this have to do with YOU getting the gospel out? How does you getting the gospel out play into your death during the end of the world?
    Is your getting the gospel a selfish act, or an act motivated by your wanting to share the word of your god?"

It is not selfish at all. We just feel an urgency to tell everyone about the Lord before He comes back so they have the opportunity to decide if they want to accept Christ. We don't want it to be too late for anyone, because we don't know exactly how much time is left.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• A World Political Authority?
    The timing was not coincidental. Just before the G-8 summit in L’Aquila, Italy, in mid-July, when leaders of the world’s top eight industrial nations assembled to discuss the global economic crisis, Pope Benedict XVI released an encyclical — the most authoritative papal document — in which he laments the sorry state of the world’s economy. That’s not so unusual, obviously.

But what he specifically says in the letter is very important …

Of course, please understand that there is a difference between the people of the church — and the Catholic Church as a religious and political intuition. As a Christian, I deeply respect and even cherish the love and reverence that most Catholics have for Jesus Christ. But at the same time, as an institution, the Bible clearly points to the Catholic Church as a major player in end-time events.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This is what I mean: The pope writes, “To manage the global economy, to revive economies hit by the crisis, … there is urgent need of a true world political authority.” Talking about this world authority, the pope explains that it “would need to be universally recognized and to be vested with the effective power.” In other words, power to enforce its views upon the rest of the world … power to make everyone comply! This reminds us of the book of Revelation, doesn’t it? It warns that in the last days, world powers will use force — including economic force — to compel everyone to “worship the image of the beast” or they cannot “buy or sell” (Revelation 13:15, 17).
    Can you understand why I’m excited? And why I see this papal letter as more evidence that we are nearing the end? All this makes me want to double my efforts in getting the true gospel out to the rest of the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Real Teeth There’s more. In the letter, Pope Benedict also suggests that there “is a strongly felt need … for a reform of the United Nations organization, and likewise of economic institutions … so that the concept of the family of nations can acquire real teeth.”
    “Real teeth”? Sounds like the fourth beast in Daniel 7, which has “great iron teeth” (Daniel 7:7), or like the beasts and dragon in Revelation, because who ever heard of a beast or a dragon without “real teeth”? Now, I ask: How could something like this ever happen without the backinI don’t think it could. That’s precisely why the day after the G-8 summit, the pope had his first meeting with President Obama. And what did he give the president of the United States? A white, leather-bound copy of his encyclical!g of an economic and military powerhouse like the United States to help enforce that authority?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I don’t think it could. That’s precisely why the day after the G-8 summit, the pope had his first meeting with President Obama. And what did he give the president of the United States? A white, leather-bound copy of his encyclical!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Sounds like the Pope tryiing fulfill a prophecy, and therefore fulfilling his own agenda.
    And are you saying you are excited that the world is ending? And what does this have to do with YOU getting the gospel out? How does you getting the gospel out play into your death during the end of the world?
    Is your getting the gospel a selfish act, or an act motivated by your wanting to share the word of your god?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Ethics? I also found it very interesting in Pope Benedict’s encyclical when he writes, “The economy needs ethics in order to function correctly — not any ethics, but an ethics which is people-centered.”A new economic world order based on ethics? And who do you suppose would be the most likely candidate to provide the kind of moral authority to guide those ethics? Would it really be someone other than the one who views himself (and who is viewed by millions of others) as the “Vicar of Christ” on earth? Please keep in mind that other papal pronouncements have often mentioned “protection of the workers’ Sunday” as central to their concept of economic ethics. It all makes sense, don’t you think? No question, this latest papal declaration, given at a time of a severe world economic downturn, should make us realize more than ever how close we are to the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think we need to be out there sharing the Good news to the nations and be ready for what is coming. There are still more to go prophecy wise but remember it is also prophesied that there will be a great falling away and we need to be sure we are grounded in Christ even though it says even the Elect will be decieved. No matter what the gospel must be shared, His love must be evident along with the signs and wonders that follow !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Working with the United States and the European Union? The pope calling for a single world economic authority with “real teeth” to enforce its economic will upon the world? How much more obvious can it be?
    I am even tempted to quote these words of Jesus: “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing” (Luke 4:21).

So what is everyone's opinion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I really wish you would not have posted this anonymously!!!

Anyways, can you tell me where you got this information from? Do you have a link to your source? I would like to look into this more.

But anyways, I do believe we are heading right into a one world gov't and that if this is true then it is just one more reason that everyone will feel reassured by the decision.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009