Hospital Bag

When did you pack your hospital bag? except for the last minute things like tooth brush and stuff. and this time around I will also need to pack a bag for my son who is 13 months old b/c he will be with a relative while I'm at the hospital, depending on if my mom gets here before the baby is born or not (she will be at our house with him if she is here before)

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im 31 weeks and i have just started to get things in my bag. all i have in there now is 2 outfits for her, one for pictures and one to come home in, 2 blankets, 2 pair of socks, and that is it so far. I am kind of early bc my c section is not until the 19th of October
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 8:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I packed my bags when i was around 34wks. with each pregnancy. I even bought a travel toothbrush/toothpaste and put it in my bag. I also put a blanket with me because i am a big baby when it comes to having a comfortable blanket.LOL I would have your 13mo. old bag packed or better yet at the relatives house already. You will have enough to worry about with getting both of you ready to go. Hope this helps.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just packed mine the other day and in it is:
    Sweat pants,T-shirt,slippers,socks,underwear,sports bra, maxi pads, i pod, magazines, contact case and solution, shampoo, tooth brush, hair brush, camera, boppy pillow and tooth paste.

In my baby's bag there is: a few different outfits, pacifer, blanket, stuffed animal, hand mittens (so he doesnt scratch himself), socks, little booties,and theres something else i just cant remember!!
    DueOnSept23

Answer by DueOnSept23 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• With both of my previous pregnancies, I had the bag packed no later than 35 weeks. I had a scare when I was pregnant with DS that landed me in the hospital at the beginning of week 35, so after that I made sure to pack my bag as soon as I got home. I made sure to have it ready with DD around that time, too. I will do the same with this one.

Make a list of the "last minute" items, so you don't forget them. Leave the list on the top of the bags. You don't want to forget your son's "comfort" items or your toiletries :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009