How can I increse my breastmilk supply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best ways are to drink plenty of water, and to nurse on demand...whenever the baby wants to. I always would have a glass or bottle of water to drink while i was nursing too.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• first of all what makes you think your supply is low?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Nurse nurse nurse and then nurse some more. That's PARAMOUNT.

Keep in mind that 6-8 dipe changes daily means your supply is great. Nothing else is important.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I take more milk plus capsules when I feel like my milk supply is low.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I use Fennugreek Seed Capsules 600mg tabs, 3 tabs, 3 times a day. Fennugreek is awesome! It works in a few days and I notice a huge difference w/o side effects (exept for mapley smelling sweat). It's very inexpensive, just $15 for a 200capsule bottle. I also drink TONS of water-this helps very quickly too. I also eat a lot of oats- I have heard this helps (and who doesn't like an excuse to eat an oatmeal cookie?) If I am really commited to increasing my supply I also pump after every feeding. It takes a lot of time and energy but you will make back whatever you pump plus you can store your pumped milk for later use. I am doing all of these right now exept for the pumping, I pump after two meals a day though. Good luck!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009