IS MY SON REALLY SICK? HELP ME?

My son was sent home from school Tuesday throwing up. He got home at 2pm...by 4 he was acting fine, fighting with sis and eating kielbasi. Today he comes down and says, "I got up early and ate 1/2 a bowl of cereal, now my tummy hurts." I tell him, ok...you can't go to school anyways. He says okay and runs upstairs to play video games.

He ate today, 2 bowls of cereal, grapes, an egg and cheese muffin, cheese and crackers, 2 bowls of hamburger helper and a bowl of ice cream. He just came downstairs and says I threw up and my tummy hurts real bad.

Still no fever and he was jumping around maybe 10 minutes before he said this.

The school is worried about swine flu already. What do I do? Do I send him? Do you think he's faking? I just can't tell.

KaylasMiracle

Asked by KaylasMiracle at 8:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• I think after 3 days you need a doctors note anyway...so Id take him, it sounds like he is getting over on you a bit, how about taking away the video games and telling him to rest until he feels better...we'll c how fast that bug goes away...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• if you haven't make an appointment with the doctor if he is faking he will get better really soon if not then you can get him the medicine he needs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Take him to the doctors. If the school is thinking it's swine flu then just take him to be safe.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No...his school nurse overreacts ... his only symptom is the throwing up.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It sounds like he's faking to me. Is there problems at school?? I would make him an appt to be safe.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• HA...That little bugger...I just went up and told him to pinky swear that he was really sick...he refused...I told him tell the truth and I won't be angry I'll walk downstairs and this will be the end of it...lie to me and you're gonna lose my trust...you have NEVER broken a pinky swear...he said yesterday he was sick b/c of the school lunch...but today he was faking...VICTORY!!!!! LOL
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 9:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009